Applied Physical Sciences is looking for a highly motivated electronics engineer to join our Concord, MA team. Successful candidates will have a M.S. degree or B.S. degree in electrical and/or computer engineering with a focus in analog and digital circuit design and experience programming microcontrollers and FPGAs. Professional experience of 0 to 3 years is desired, but not required. Successful applicants will support the design and development of custom data telemetry and acquisition electronics for underwater acoustic sensor systems. Candidates must have a solid understanding of how to design with ADCs, microcontrollers, DC/DC converters, digital communications protocols (RS232/RS422, I2C, I2S, SPI, McBSP), preamplifiers, power amplifiers, and interfacing to embedded microprocessors.
APS works on exciting, technically challenging, cutting-edge technologies that will expose candidates to a wide variety of multidisciplinary fields and allow for unique growth opportunities and learning experiences. At APS you will work in a small company environment where technical excellence is rewarded and an entrepreneurial spirit is encouraged, and you will have the chance to work directly with colleagues and customers that value innovation and creativity.
- Proven experience designing custom PCBs from conception to implementation
- Experience with common digital communication schemes (RS232/RS422, I2C, I2S, SPI, McBSP)
- Troubleshooting PCBs
- Understanding or experience with electronic layout, bill-of-materials, and assembly process
- Proven experience designing with analog sensors, ADCs, and embedded processors
- Programming VHDL/Verilog for FPGAs preferred but not a requirement
- Experience with C/C++ coding for microcontrollers (or similar)
- Experience using National Instruments (or similar) data acquisition systems and LabView
- Basic understanding of signal processing and Matlab data analysis
- BS in electrical engineering and/or computer engineering (with hardware focus)
APS, a wholly owned subsidiary of the General Dynamics Corporation, offers a small company environment including competitive salary, excellent benefits, and comfortable working conditions.
Candidates must possess or be able to obtain a DoD security clearance.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and application online at www.aphysci.com, fax them to 860-448-3075, Attn: Janet, or mail to the company address. Please reference the requisition number and title of the position in the subject line of your submission.
Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Disability/Protected Vet
To apply for a job with Applied Physical Sciences, applicants need to fill-out the online form linked below.
Job Application Form
Invitation to Self-Identify
In keeping with our commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Applied Physical Sciences invites all applicants to self-identify pre-offer as a protected veteran and/or an individual with a disability.
Invitation to Self-Identify as Protected Veteran
Invitation to Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability