Applied Physical Sciences Corp (APS) is seeking an experienced receptionist/accounting associate for its Groton, CT office. Applicant must be able to multi-task, be organized and attentive to detail, and personable.
• Opening and securing the main entrances to the corporate facility in the morning and evening
• Greeting visitors in a friendly and welcoming manner, signing and badging them in as necessary
• Answering phones and directing calls
• Sorting mail deliveries and placing in mailboxes
• Ordering office supplies and stocking supply areas
• Ensuring facility common areas and conference rooms are clean and in order
• Receiving and signing for deliveries and ensuring that receiving logs are updated appropriately
• Assisting with the scheduling and arrangement of conference rooms and related resources
• Generating letters and memos as may be directed by management
• Ordering and setting up meals/snacks for meetings, seminars and conferences
• Filing paperwork as may be required or directed
• Assisting in the processing of expense forms as directed by senior management
• Supporting financial, contracts, accounting, and administrative functions as may be required
• Responsible for preparing labels and arranging for the shipment of documents and packages and may be asked to arrange for certain ground shipments
• Experience with receiving guests and customers in a friendly manner and as being the first impression of the company
• Knowledgeable in the use of computers, particularly with competency in the use of Microsoft Windows and Office products
• Good communication and organization skills are important
• Ability to multi-task is essential
• Must be able to lift or move packages weighing up to 50 lbs.
• Minimum of high school diploma and three years of receptionist or similar experience
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance at the appropriate level
APS, a wholly owned subsidiary of the General Dynamics Corporation, offers a small company environment including competitive salary, excellent benefits, and comfortable working conditions. This position is open in the Groton CT office. Candidates must possess or be able to obtain a DOD security clearance.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and application using the links below, fax them to 860-448-3075, Attn: Janet, or mail to the company address. Please reference the requisition number and title of the position in the subject line of your submission.
Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Disability/Protected Vet
Job Application Form
Invitation to Self-Identify
In keeping with our commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Applied Physical Sciences invites all applicants to self-identify pre-offer as a protected veteran and/or an individual with a disability.
Invitation to Self-Identify as Protected Veteran
Invitation to Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability