General Dynamics – Applied Physical Sciences is seeking an experienced full-time Senior Procurement Analyst for its Groton, CT office. Some work-from-home flexibility may be considered.
Bachelor’s Degree in a Business discipline, Supply Chain Management, or related field is required, as well as 2- 5 years of supply chain procurement experience working for a Department of Defense contractor. The position requires a candidate with working knowledge of FAR/DFARS compliance and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) tools. The candidate must also be an analytical thinker that can handle a fast-paced demanding workload.
• Manage a purchasing queue of requisitions
• Issue Request for Quotations (RFQ) to suppliers
• Down-select suppliers based on best value criteria
• Negotiate with suppliers for best value and favorable terms
• Ensure terms and conditions and applicable flow downs have been appropriately incorporated in RFQs and orders
• Expedite deliveries when necessary
• Resolve conflicts with supplier
• Work closely with Accounts Payable, Engineering, Operations, Program Management, and Sr. Leadership.
• Maintain documentation to comply with US government regulations and company purchasing policies and procedures
• Perform administrative duties as required
• Willing to travel as needed
APS, a wholly owned subsidiary of the General Dynamics Corporation, offers competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and comfortable working conditions. Candidates must possess or be able to obtain a DoD security clearance.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and application using the links below, fax them to 860-448-3075, Attn: Janet, or mail to the company address. Please reference the requisition number and title of the position in the subject line of your submission.
Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Disability/Protected Vet
Job Application Form
Invitation to Self-Identify
In keeping with our commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Applied Physical Sciences invites all applicants to self-identify pre-offer as a protected veteran and/or an individual with a disability.
Invitation to Self-Identify as Protected Veteran
Invitation to Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability