Applied Physical Sciences (APS) is seeking a full-time Accounts Payable Specialist who will assist the Finance Team in its Connecticut headquarters, by supporting all activities in the accounts payable function. The successful candidate will be able to provide excellent customer service skills, exhibit a positive attitude, deliver work product that demonstrates attention to detail, complete work assigned independently with urgency, and balance multiple tasks. Some work-from-home flexibility may be considered.
APS is a growing research and development organization that works on cutting-edge technologies to address difficult national security needs. This position will help us in our mission to provide our customers with the best overall value through both technical and administrative excellence, and successful candidates will help us maintain a high level of rigor and organizational agility.
• 2+ years’ experience in Accounting, Finance, or Accounts Payable.
• Experience using Deltek Costpoint is preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel; strong communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills; professional demeanor and ability to be a team player.
• Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related field is a plus.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
• Monitor Accounts Payable email for invoices, correspondence, and respond to inquiries.
• Review and process accounts payable invoices.
• Review and reconcile vendor statements.
• Review and process employee expense reports.
• Support with audit preparations as needed.
• Prepare payment runs for ACH, Wires, and checks.
• Assist with fixed asset accounting including entries, reconciliations, and variance explanations.
• Other duties as assigned.
APS, a wholly owned subsidiary of the General Dynamics Corporation, offers a small company environment including competitive salary, excellent benefits, opportunities for advancement and comfortable working conditions. Candidates must possess or be able to obtain a DoD security clearance.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and application using the links below, fax them to 860-448-3075, Attn: Janet, or mail to the company address. Please reference the requisition number and title of the position in the subject line of your submission.
Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Disability/Protected Vet
Invitation to Self-Identify
In keeping with our commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Applied Physical Sciences invites all applicants to self-identify pre-offer as a protected veteran and/or an individual with a disability.
Invitation to Self-Identify as Protected Veteran
Invitation to Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability
Please Answer All Questions.
Résumés Are Not A Substitute For A Completed Application.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, gender, marital status, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
THIS COMPANY IS AN AT-WILL EMPLOYER AS ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE STATE LAW. THIS MEANS THAT REGARDLESS OF ANY PROVISION IN THIS APPLICATION, IF HIRED, THE COMPANY OR I MAY TERMINATE THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP AT ANY TIME, FOR ANY REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT CAUSE OR NOTICE. NOTHING IN THIS EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION, THE EMPLOYEE HANDBOOK NOR IN ANY OF THE COMPANY'S POLICIES SHALL BE DEEMED TO CONSTITUTE A CONTRACT OF EMPLOYMENT.