Applied Physical Sciences (APS) is seeking a motivated and skilled Industrial Security Administrator to join our team in Arlington, VA to begin an exciting and rewarding career. APS is a growing company specializing in cutting-edge research and development programs that create innovative technological solutions for emerging national security challenges. We focus on a wide variety of maritime technology areas, some of which include: sonar systems, novel autonomous surface vessels, unique sensing systems, undersea communications and networking, payloads for unmanned vehicles, and platform signature analysis and mitigation. At APS you will work in a small company environment where excellence is rewarded, an entrepreneurial spirit is encouraged, and you will have the chance to work with colleagues and customers that value innovation and creativity.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Monitors access to classified and government-sensitive information.
• Assists with processing of personnel security clearance.
• Processes and maintains sensitive and classified materials.
• Prepares classified material for transmission.
• Controls, tracks, and processes classified visit requests.
• Process and track requests for cleared team members’ foreign travel
• Day-to-day security-related activities supporting the management of the organization’s facility clearance.
• Assists with Internal Security Controls through the performance of vulnerability self-inspections to ensure compliance with government and company regulations/requirements.
• Supports the implementation and administration of the security education program
• Supports project teams in subcontractor management to ensure compliance with government regulations/requirements.
• Effectively work and build relationships with those of diverse backgrounds and organizational levels
• Perform simple Systems Administrator Tasks such as burning CDs, creating user accounts, updating Anti-Virus and Monthly Patching
• Perform some Office Administrator duties such as employee onboarding, ordering supplies and communicating with building management
• All other duties as assigned
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Defense Information Security System
• Able to prioritize and coordinate multiple assignments
• Ability to work independently
• Must demonstrate a positive and professional attitude with excellent customer service skills and collaboration ability.
• Strong organizational skills and flexibility in working in a fast-paced team environment
• Proven problem-solving skills
• Strong written communication skills
• Active listening skills and effective oral communication including presenting
• Openness to diverse input and feedback
• Knowledge of the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM)
APS, a wholly owned subsidiary of the General Dynamics Corporation, offers competitive salary, excellent benefits, and comfortable working conditions. This position is for our Arlington, VA location.
Candidates must have the ability to obtain a Top Secret DoD Security Clearance.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and application using the form fields below, fax them to 860-448-3075, Attn: Janet, or mail to the company address. Please reference the requisition number and title of the position in the subject line of your submission.
Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Disability/Protected Vet
Invitation to Self-Identify
In keeping with our commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Applied Physical Sciences invites all applicants to self-identify pre-offer as a protected veteran and/or an individual with a disability.
Invitation to Self-Identify as Protected Veteran
Invitation to Voluntarily Self-Identify a Disability
Please Answer All Questions.
Résumés Are Not A Substitute For A Completed Application.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, gender, marital status, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
THIS COMPANY IS AN AT-WILL EMPLOYER AS ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE STATE LAW. THIS MEANS THAT REGARDLESS OF ANY PROVISION IN THIS APPLICATION, IF HIRED, THE COMPANY OR I MAY TERMINATE THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP AT ANY TIME, FOR ANY REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT CAUSE OR NOTICE. NOTHING IN THIS EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION, THE EMPLOYEE HANDBOOK NOR IN ANY OF THE COMPANY'S POLICIES SHALL BE DEEMED TO CONSTITUTE A CONTRACT OF EMPLOYMENT.