General Dynamics Applied Physical Sciences (GD-APS) is seeking an entry or midlevel Linux System Administrator to provide technical support (installation, configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting, upgrade) for several Linux information networks, servers and high-performance computing clusters. Additional duties may include managing user identities, credentials, and privileges on local servers, helping with developing processes for system certification and accreditation for classified systems, as well as, configuring systems in accordance with system security policy.
At APS you will work in a small company environment where technical excellence is rewarded and an entrepreneurial spirit is encouraged, and you will have the chance to work directly with colleagues and customers that value innovation and creativity.
• Working knowledge of Linux operating systems for Red Hat, CentOS and Ubuntu
• Working knowledge of building and maintaining Virtual Machines and familiarity with VMware and/or VirtualBox players
• Ability to program in an administrative language, including Bash, PowerShell, Perl or Python
• Ability to diagnose and resolve hardware and software issues
• Working knowledge of Internet server protocols and utilities (DNS, DHCP, SSL, FTP, TCP/IP, SSH), is preferred, but not required
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Associate or Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred, but not required
• Certifications in RHCSA, CISSP, ISSM, Security+ are preferred, but not required
APS, a wholly owned subsidiary of the General Dynamics Corporation, offers a small company environment including competitive salary, excellent benefits, and comfortable working conditions. This immediate full-time position is open in our Groton, CT office. Candidates must possess or be able to obtain a DoD security clearance.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and application using the form below, fax them to 860-448-3075, Attn: Janet, or mail to the company address. Please reference the requisition number and title of the position in the subject line of your submission.
Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Disability/Protected Vet
Invitation to Self-Identify
In keeping with our commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Applied Physical Sciences invites all applicants to self-identify pre-offer as a protected veteran and/or an individual with a disability.
Invitation to Self-Identify as Protected Veteran
Invitation to Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability
Please Answer All Questions.
Résumés Are Not A Substitute For A Completed Application.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, gender, marital status, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
THIS COMPANY IS AN AT-WILL EMPLOYER AS ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE STATE LAW. THIS MEANS THAT REGARDLESS OF ANY PROVISION IN THIS APPLICATION, IF HIRED, THE COMPANY OR I MAY TERMINATE THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP AT ANY TIME, FOR ANY REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT CAUSE OR NOTICE. NOTHING IN THIS EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION, THE EMPLOYEE HANDBOOK NOR IN ANY OF THE COMPANY'S POLICIES SHALL BE DEEMED TO CONSTITUTE A CONTRACT OF EMPLOYMENT.