Applied Physical Sciences Corp (APS) is seeking an engineering undergraduate with a manufacturing focus of study to join our Pawcatuck, CT team as a part-time intern. Candidates shall be on a track with two (2) years of completed study for a Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering with 0-2 years of academic and/or related industry experience. The Process Engineer Intern will work under the supervision of the Principal Engineer/Prototyping & Fabrication Department Manager and provide technical and hands-on support for the development and/or improvement of processes as they relate to the fabrication, assembly, integration and test of various electro-mechanical components related to current projects. Additionally, the candidate will provide support related to industrial operations and processes as they relate to safety, chemical lab/potting, mechanical testing, electrical testing, hydrostatic pressure testing and component or system bench testing. The Process Engineer Intern will work with our current Process Engineer to formalize written work instructions that capture the fabrication and assembly of complex system components as well as track and evaluate process throughput for continuous improvement of work product repeatability, traceability, quality control and efficiency.
APS works on exciting, state of the art technologies that will expose candidates to a wide variety of multidisciplinary fields and allow for the unique growth opportunities and learning experiences. At APS you will work in a small company environment where technical excellence and work ethic is rewarded and an entrepreneurial spirit is encouraged. You will have the opportunity to work directly with colleagues and customers that value innovation and creativity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform process engineering work related to support of mold or fixture design, fabrication, assembly, integration, evaluation, planning, test and operation of electrical, electronic, mechanical and/or computer components, equipment and systems for commercial, government, military and/or scientific applications
• Support Sr. staff and prototyping & fabrication personnel to ensure designs are fully reviewed and ready for manufacture
• Support the development, review and updates of written process instructions and related technical documentation
• Support the tracking and evaluation of production cost and efficiency, and help identify process improvements
• Support the execution of various tests as well as analyze and document results
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
• Working knowledge of ASME drawing standards for technical documentation
• Experience with hands-on fabrication and manufacturing operations considered a plus
• Experience using oscilloscope, handheld meters, power supplies and other basic lab equipment considered a plus
• Experience with Microsoft Office suite of software tools, especially Excel. Experience with MSProject is a plus.
• Experience writing VBA macros, or any coding experience a plus
• Must be capable of lifting 75 pounds
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Candidate – Bachelor of Science, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering
• 0-2 years of related engineering experience
• Must be able to obtain US DoD security clearance
APS, a wholly owned subsidiary of the General Dynamics Corporation, offers a small company environment including competitive salary, excellent benefits, opportunities for advancement and comfortable working conditions. An immediate part-time position is open in the Pawcatuck, CT facility. Candidates must possess or be able to obtain a DoD security clearance.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and application using the links below, fax them to 860-448-3075, Attn: Janet, or mail to the company address. Please reference the requisition number and title of the position in the subject line of your submission.
Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Disability/Protected Vet
Invitation to Self-Identify
In keeping with our commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Applied Physical Sciences invites all applicants to self-identify pre-offer as a protected veteran and/or an individual with a disability.
Invitation to Self-Identify as Protected Veteran
Invitation to Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability
Please Answer All Questions.
Résumés Are Not A Substitute For A Completed Application.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, gender, marital status, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
THIS COMPANY IS AN AT-WILL EMPLOYER AS ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE STATE LAW. THIS MEANS THAT REGARDLESS OF ANY PROVISION IN THIS APPLICATION, IF HIRED, THE COMPANY OR I MAY TERMINATE THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP AT ANY TIME, FOR ANY REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT CAUSE OR NOTICE. NOTHING IN THIS EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION, THE EMPLOYEE HANDBOOK NOR IN ANY OF THE COMPANY'S POLICIES SHALL BE DEEMED TO CONSTITUTE A CONTRACT OF EMPLOYMENT.