General Dynamics Applied Physical Sciences (GD-APS) is seeking an intern candidate to support the design and development of software applications for several US Navy research and development programs. The successful candidate will work with an interdisciplinary team of scientists and engineers to develop innovative software solutions for important national-security applications.
• Proficient in C/C++, Java, and Python
• Proficient in working in a Windows and Linux environment
• Experienced working with a text editor in a Linux environment, such as vim or nano
• Working knowledge of software middleware solutions and messaging protocols such as Google Protocol Buffers
• Working knowledge of embedded programming on microcontrollers, including configuration of GPIO and I2C GPIO, is not required but preferred
• Recent graduate or working toward a BS or MS in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering or related field
APS, a wholly owned subsidiary of the General Dynamics Corporation, offers competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and comfortable working conditions. An immediate part-time position is open in our San Diego, CA office. Candidates must possess or be able to obtain a DoD security clearance.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and application using the form fields below, fax them to 860-448-3075, Attn: Janet, or mail to the company address. Please reference the requisition number and title of the position in the subject line of your submission.
Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Disability/Protected Vet
Invitation to Self-Identify
In keeping with our commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Applied Physical Sciences invites all applicants to self-identify pre-offer as a protected veteran and/or an individual with a disability.
Invitation to Self-Identify as Protected Veteran
Invitation to Voluntarily Self-Identify a Disability
Please Answer All Questions.
Résumés Are Not A Substitute For A Completed Application.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, gender, marital status, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
THIS COMPANY IS AN AT-WILL EMPLOYER AS ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE STATE LAW. THIS MEANS THAT REGARDLESS OF ANY PROVISION IN THIS APPLICATION, IF HIRED, THE COMPANY OR I MAY TERMINATE THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP AT ANY TIME, FOR ANY REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT CAUSE OR NOTICE. NOTHING IN THIS EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION, THE EMPLOYEE HANDBOOK NOR IN ANY OF THE COMPANY'S POLICIES SHALL BE DEEMED TO CONSTITUTE A CONTRACT OF EMPLOYMENT.