Applied Physical Sciences (APS) is seeking an Accounts Receivable/Billing Specialist who will prepare accurate and timely semi-monthly and monthly invoices in accordance with contract terms in our Deltek Government accounting system. The successful candidate will be able to provide excellent customer service skills, exhibit a positive attitude, deliver work product that demonstrates attention to detail, complete work assigned independently with urgency, and balance multiple tasks. This position may include work from home options in the following states: CT, MA, NY, VA, and CA (preference for East Coast Time Zone).
Some job functions include:
• Prepare semi-monthly and monthly invoices of multiple contract types (CPFF, T&M, FFP, etc.) using our Deltek GCS (and soon Costpoint) accounting system in accordance with specific contract terms and as determined by the monthly billing schedule. MS Excel is also used to create some invoices.
• Review contract documents for information or changes related to invoicing
• Maintain and update billing folders in accordance with established guidelines
• Reconcile billing data to Deltek financial reports (PSR, Revenue Worksheet, Labor Summary, Timesheet Reports) and provide detailed unbilled dispositioning and analysis.
• Provide CLIN and ACRN analysis for invoice submittals in PIEE/WAWF.
• Prepare labor and travel backup support documentation for each invoice as required.
• Work closely with APS program managers to ensure accurate and timely submittal of invoices.
• Solve problems and correspond with customers on invoice questions and payment status.
• Perform special projects in support of the Accounts Receivable department as assigned.
• Ensure high priority invoices are prepared and submitted early or on time.
• Assist with the collection process
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related field.
• 5+ years’ experience in Accounting, Finance, Accounts Receivable.
• 0-3+ years’ experience using Deltek Costpoint in billing.
• Experience invoicing US Government contracts following terms and conditions as outlined under FAR, DFARS, CAS, and GAAP.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word; strong communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills; professional demeanor and ability to be a team player.
APS, a wholly owned subsidiary of the General Dynamics Corporation, offers competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and comfortable working conditions.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and application using the form below, fax them to 860-448-3075, Attn: Janet, or mail to the company address. Please reference the requisition number and title of the position in the subject line of your submission.
Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Disability/Protected Vet
Invitation to Self-Identify
In keeping with our commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Applied Physical Sciences invites all applicants to self-identify pre-offer as a protected veteran and/or an individual with a disability.
Invitation to Self-Identify as Protected Veteran
Invitation to Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability
Please Answer All Questions.
Résumés Are Not A Substitute For A Completed Application.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, gender, marital status, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
THIS COMPANY IS AN AT-WILL EMPLOYER AS ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE STATE LAW. THIS MEANS THAT REGARDLESS OF ANY PROVISION IN THIS APPLICATION, IF HIRED, THE COMPANY OR I MAY TERMINATE THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP AT ANY TIME, FOR ANY REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT CAUSE OR NOTICE. NOTHING IN THIS EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION, THE EMPLOYEE HANDBOOK NOR IN ANY OF THE COMPANY'S POLICIES SHALL BE DEEMED TO CONSTITUTE A CONTRACT OF EMPLOYMENT.