Applied Physical Sciences (APS) is looking for a highly motivated Assistant Program Manager to join our Groton, CT team. Successful candidates will have a BS (or higher) degree in engineering field with a focus in communications, hardware, electronic systems, acoustics, or autonomous systems. Professional experience of 3 to 5 years is preferred, but not required. A Program Management Certification is desirable, but not required. Successful applicants will support the development of a state-of-the-art sensing and communication systems for autonomous underwater vehicles, undersea systems, and other marine applications. APS works on exciting, technically challenging, cutting-edge technologies that will expose candidates to a wide variety of multidisciplinary fields and allow for unique growth opportunities and learning experiences. At APS you will work in a small company environment where technical excellence is rewarded and an entrepreneurial spirit is encouraged, and you will have the chance to work directly with colleagues and customers that value innovation and creativity. As a wholly owned subsidiary of General Dynamics, we offer the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a small company as well as access to the extensive resources of a large corporation. On a daily basis, we live our motto: “Engineering Solutions through Science.”
Tasking may include:
• Manage project work scope, schedule, cost, tracking, technical risks, and resource planning
• Work closely with diverse engineering team to develop plans and monitor program execution
• Support integration and test of APS technologies with Navy systems
• Oversee, document, and record/report results from lab and field test events
• Support creation of test plans for ocean test events in collaboration with government customer
• Prepare slides for customer meetings and help lead internal engineering meetings, take notes, and distribute actions
• Lead consolidation of technical data package(s) and submission to government
• Support new bid program planning and cost estimation
• Support refinement and improvement of Navy-facing software and hardware interfaces
Required Attributes and Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in any of following engineering fields or concentration
o Electrical engineering (signal processing or electronics focus)
o Computer or computer science
o Mechanical engineering (acoustics focus)
o Ocean engineering (autonomous systems, hardware development, acoustics)
• MATLAB or similar programming experience
• Familiarity with Linux and C/C++
• Excellent verbal and written communication in order to accurately document and report findings to colleagues, customer, vendors, etc.
• Exceptional organization skills, note taking, and following up on actions
• Familiarity with wireless communications, network protocols, electronics, signal processing
• Experience leading team of highly skilled engineers
• Strong Excel, PowerPoint power, and other Microsoft tools
Desired Attributes and Skills:
• Program management certification
• Prior experience with underwater acoustics or acoustic modems
• Prior experience with Iridium or other SATCOM radios
• Prior experience creating technical content for new products, ideas, or other business development pursuits
• Prior experience designing software
APS, a wholly owned subsidiary of the General Dynamics Corporation, offers competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and comfortable working conditions. At APS you will work in a small company environment where technical excellence is rewarded and an entrepreneurial spirit is encouraged, and you will have the chance to work directly with colleagues and customers that value innovation and creativity.
An immediate full-time position is open in the following location:
• Groton, CT
Candidates must possess or be able to obtain a DoD security clearance.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and application using the form fields below, fax them to 860-448-3075, Attn: Janet, or mail to the company address. Please reference the requisition number and title of the position in the subject line of your submission.
Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Disability/Protected Vet
Invitation to Self-Identify
In keeping with our commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Applied Physical Sciences invites all applicants to self-identify pre-offer as a protected veteran and/or an individual with a disability.
Invitation to Self-Identify as Protected Veteran
Invitation to Voluntarily Self-Identify a Disability
Please Answer All Questions.
Résumés Are Not A Substitute For A Completed Application.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, gender, marital status, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
THIS COMPANY IS AN AT-WILL EMPLOYER AS ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE STATE LAW. THIS MEANS THAT REGARDLESS OF ANY PROVISION IN THIS APPLICATION, IF HIRED, THE COMPANY OR I MAY TERMINATE THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP AT ANY TIME, FOR ANY REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT CAUSE OR NOTICE. NOTHING IN THIS EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION, THE EMPLOYEE HANDBOOK NOR IN ANY OF THE COMPANY'S POLICIES SHALL BE DEEMED TO CONSTITUTE A CONTRACT OF EMPLOYMENT.