Applied Physical Sciences Corp (APS) is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Business Assistant supporting Division, Department, and Group Managers in planning and tracking of corporate and programmatic financial metrics, resource planning, schedule and cost tracking and general administrative activities. The successful candidate will be able to provide excellent customer service skills, exhibit a positive attitude, deliver work product that demonstrates attention to detail, complete work assigned independently with urgency, and balance multiple tasks. This position may include work from home options in the following states: CT, MA, NY, VA, and CA (preference for East Coast Time Zone).
Some job functions include:
• Develop Division, Department, and Group Level budgets and projections.
• Monitor budgets and projections and actual vs. planned performance.
• Research and perform detailed analysis on project financial data as required
• Support financial tracking for multiple contracts.
• Prepare monthly project reports for customers.
• Support project / resource planning.
• Administrative efforts including processing expense reports, arranging and supporting meetings.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related field.
• 5+ years’ experience in Accounting, Finance.
• Demonstrated understanding and capability to develop and interpret standard financial metrics, preferably related to the defense contracting industry.
• Strong analytical and organizational and communications skills to work with technical managers as well as corporate administrative and financial staff and occasionally with customers and customer administrative staff
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, MS Project, Power Point); strong communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills; professional demeanor and ability to be a team player.
APS, a wholly owned subsidiary of the General Dynamics Corporation, offers a small company environment including competitive salary, excellent benefits, and comfortable working conditions. An immediate position is open in any of our facilities.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and application using the form below, fax them to 860-448-3075, Attn: Janet, or mail to the company address. Please reference the requisition number and title of the position in the subject line of your submission.
Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Disability/Protected Vet
Invitation to Self-Identify
In keeping with our commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Applied Physical Sciences invites all applicants to self-identify pre-offer as a protected veteran and/or an individual with a disability.
Invitation to Self-Identify as Protected Veteran
Invitation to Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability
About The Author: Max Leonard
More posts by Max Leonard