Applied Physical Sciences (APS) is seeking an Engineering Administrative Assistant for a full-time position supporting several engineering projects and programs across our company. Successful applicants will be well organized, clear communicators, detail oriented, preferably with an Associate degree in engineering or another technical field.
APS works on exciting, technically challenging, research & development programs where multidisciplinary teams work closely to address difficult national security needs. This position will allow applicants to work closely with engineering teams and make meaningful contributions to important projects.
Tasking may include:
• Schedule and attend weekly engineering meetings and:
o Maintain action item tracking spreadsheets
o Track and update development schedules and production tracking tools
• Assist the engineer in obtaining price and lead time quotations for printed circuit boards, electrical components & devices, electrical component parts kits, circuit board assemblies, mechanical components & devices, and other related equipment and materials.
• Prepare electronic purchase requisitions with supporting documents to initiate the purchase of goods or services. Interact and collaborate with the APS purchasing team to ensure proper documentation is provided to support the purchase.
• Use internal database to track open orders and periodically engage vendors to get status updates.
• Coordinate and schedule specialized instrumentation use across multiple programs to ensure development teams have timely access to needed equipment. Identify schedule conflicts and coordinate equipment procurement, leases, or rentals.
• Interface with shippers, obtain shipping quotes, and book and track shipments.
• Perform other administrative engineering-related duties as may be required
Required Attributes and Skills:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. (Proficiency in Microsoft Project or Altium PCB Design Software is desirable but not required.)
• Proficiency with internet search and navigation for the purposes of getting pricing and quotes for components and items from internet-based retailers
• Excellent organizational skills
• Candidate must interact regularly with and coordinate with engineering and administrative staff.
Desired Attributes and Skills:
• Proficiency with Microsoft Project
• Experience with Altium PCB Design Software
• Experience with SolidWorks
• Experience coordinating shipping logistics
• Candidate will be trained on the job to use the APS electronic Purchase Requisition System (ePRS) and Altium electronics design software.
APS, a wholly owned subsidiary of the General Dynamics Corporation, offers competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and comfortable working conditions. At APS you will work in a small company environment where technical excellence is rewarded and an entrepreneurial spirit is encouraged, and you will have the chance to work directly with colleagues and customers that value innovation and creativity.
An immediate full-time position is open in the following location:
• Groton CT / Pawcatuck CT
Candidates must possess or be able to obtain a DoD security clearance.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and application using the form below, fax them to 860-448-3075, Attn: Janet, or mail to the company address. Please reference the requisition number and title of the position in the subject line of your submission.
Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Disability/Protected Vet
Invitation to Self-Identify
In keeping with our commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Applied Physical Sciences invites all applicants to self-identify pre-offer as a protected veteran and/or an individual with a disability.
Invitation to Self-Identify as Protected Veteran
Invitation to Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability