Applied Physical Sciences (APS) is seeking a motivated and skilled Information Technology System Administrator to join our team in Concord, MA to begin an exciting and rewarding career.
APS is a growing company specializing in cutting-edge research and development programs that create innovative technological solutions for emerging national security challenges. We focus on a wide variety of maritime technology areas, some of which include: sonar systems, novel autonomous surface vessels, unique sensing systems, undersea communications and networking, payloads for unmanned vehicles, and platform signature analysis and mitigation. At APS you will work in a small company environment where excellence is rewarded, an entrepreneurial spirit is encouraged, and you will have the chance to work with colleagues and customers that value innovation and creativity.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Serving as a System Administrator in our Concord, MA office.
• Secure computer (Microsoft Windows and Linux) Administration, including:
o User account creation and maintenance
o Routine Patching
o Vulnerability Scanning and Remediation
o Software Installation
• Security Operations Center (SOC) work, including:
o Security alert reviews
o Root cause analysis
• Configuring new secure computers in accordance with DISA and JSIG requirements and the Risk Management Framework process.
• End User support and assistance.
• Working closely with our Security Manager and Security Team to maintain our security posture.
• One or more years of relevant IT experience.
• Based in Concord, MA; periodic travel to Groton, CT may be required occasionally.
• Recent experience supporting Information Systems maintenance functions on DCSA accredited systems is a major plus.
• Familiarity with Compliance Checking and Vulnerability Scanning.
• DoD 8570 Technical Level III will be required within one year of start.
• Good knowledge of the DISA STIGS, NIST 800-171 and Risk Management Framework.
• Excellent communication skills.
Must possess a current DoD Secret security clearance, and have the ability to obtain a DoD Top Secret security clearance.
APS, a wholly owned subsidiary of the General Dynamics Corporation, offers a small company environment including competitive salary, excellent benefits, and comfortable working conditions. An immediate full-time position is open in the Concord, MA office.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and application using the links below, fax them to 860-448-3075, Attn: Janet, or mail to the company address. Please reference the requisition number and title of the position in the subject line of your submission.
Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Disability/Protected Vet
Invitation to Self-Identify
In keeping with our commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Applied Physical Sciences invites all applicants to self-identify pre-offer as a protected veteran and/or an individual with a disability.
Invitation to Self-Identify as Protected Veteran
Invitation to Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability
Please Answer All Questions.
Résumés Are Not A Substitute For A Completed Application.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, gender, marital status, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
THIS COMPANY IS AN AT-WILL EMPLOYER AS ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE STATE LAW. THIS MEANS THAT REGARDLESS OF ANY PROVISION IN THIS APPLICATION, IF HIRED, THE COMPANY OR I MAY TERMINATE THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP AT ANY TIME, FOR ANY REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT CAUSE OR NOTICE. NOTHING IN THIS EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION, THE EMPLOYEE HANDBOOK NOR IN ANY OF THE COMPANY'S POLICIES SHALL BE DEEMED TO CONSTITUTE A CONTRACT OF EMPLOYMENT.