Applied Physical Sciences (APS) is seeking an experienced full-time Senior Government Property Management Specialist to become an important part of a rapidly growing team for its Connecticut headquarters. This position reports to the Contracts Manager and is responsible for administering the company’s property control program activities to ensure accountability in accordance with applicable company policy and government regulations. Some work-from-home flexibility may be considered.
APS works on exciting, technically challenging, research & development programs where multidisciplinary teams work closely to address difficult national security needs. At APS you will work in a small company environment where technical and administrative excellence is rewarded and an entrepreneurial spirit is encouraged. This position will allow applicants to make meaningful contributions to the APS mission.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related specialized area or equivalent plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience; or Master’s degree
• Training and professional certification from National Property Management Association (NPMA) or other related professional development association is preferred
• Excellent verbal communication, planning, and time management skills.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
• Manages and controls all Government- and Customer-owned property to ensure accountability of the company
• Responsible for managing, and modifying as necessary, the formal process for Government Property Administration
• Performs incoming processing for U.S. Government- and Customer-owned property per ISO procedures
• Administers and analyzes property control program activities to ensure continual accountability of company, Government, or subcontractor property and assets in accordance with applicable corporate policy
• Provides expertise to enhance and manage information by utilizing software tools to manage and communicate property information and to ensure accountability for property from initial acquisition to final disposition.
• Maintains property accountability records and determines condition and arranges disposal of surplus or obsolete material or equipment
• Responsible for implementing and administering any necessary storage areas and maintaining records of where all property is located
• May act as the primary POC for all Government Property related issues with DCMA
• Conducts internal and external property audits, develops, recommends, and implements property administration policies for operation purposes
• Partners with the APS Contracts Group in closing out any Government Contract by supplying them with the information needed so property can be transferred or dispositioned correctly
• Manages the control of all Scrap and Excess Inventory being put into the Government systems
• Responsible for ensuring all instructions from the Plant Clearance Officer are followed for the disposition process.
• Investigates and resolves any anomalies in the property tracking system
• Creates and delivers training related to proper handling of Government Property Equipment
APS, a wholly owned subsidiary of the General Dynamics Corporation, offers competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and comfortable working conditions. Candidates must possess or be able to obtain a DoD security clearance.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and application using the links below, fax them to 860-448-3075, Attn: Janet, or mail to the company address. Please reference the requisition number and title of the position in the subject line of your submission.
Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Disability/Protected Vet
Invitation to Self-Identify
In keeping with our commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Applied Physical Sciences invites all applicants to self-identify pre-offer as a protected veteran and/or an individual with a disability.
Invitation to Self-Identify as Protected Veteran
Invitation to Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability
Please Answer All Questions.
Résumés Are Not A Substitute For A Completed Application.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, gender, marital status, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
THIS COMPANY IS AN AT-WILL EMPLOYER AS ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE STATE LAW. THIS MEANS THAT REGARDLESS OF ANY PROVISION IN THIS APPLICATION, IF HIRED, THE COMPANY OR I MAY TERMINATE THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP AT ANY TIME, FOR ANY REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT CAUSE OR NOTICE. NOTHING IN THIS EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION, THE EMPLOYEE HANDBOOK NOR IN ANY OF THE COMPANY'S POLICIES SHALL BE DEEMED TO CONSTITUTE A CONTRACT OF EMPLOYMENT.