Applied Physical Sciences (APS) is looking for a Software Engineer to join our Groton, CT team.
APS works on exciting, technically challenging problems for a variety of national-security and commercial customers. Examples include:
- SONAR signal processing and tracking software for U.S. Navy vessels.
- Autonomous signal processing for unmanned underwater platforms.
- Control algorithms for seismic survey and acoustic source arrays used for oil exploration.
- Embedded software for long-endurance low-power maritime systems.
Candidates will apply strong mathematical and problem-solving skills to all stages of software development for these and other projects.
Candidates will work with a multidisciplinary team on a variety of projects allowing for unique growth opportunities and learning experiences. At APS you will work in a small company environment where technical excellence is rewarded and an entrepreneurial spirit is encouraged, and you will have the chance to work directly with colleagues and customers that value innovation and creativity.
Required skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 3+ years of related software development experience (or 2+ years with Master’s degree)
- Ability to design and develop software from conceptual or algorithmic description
- Fluency in C and C++ programming languages
- Proficiency in MATLAB
- Comfortable with object-oriented concepts and implementation
- Experience developing software in Windows and Linux environments
- Familiarity with version control (Git, Subversion)
- Appreciation for clean, elegant code
- Working knowledge of Python, including standard scientific computing libraries
- Experience building user interfaces in Qt and/or QML
- Background in signal processing, as involved in acoustics, radar, or similar field
- Experience in GPU computing and optimization (CUDA)
- Embedded and/or real-time programming experience
- Ability to optimize code for resource-limited platforms
- Experience with unit testing frameworks and patterns (GoogleTest or similar)
APS, a wholly owned subsidiary of the General Dynamics Corporation, offers a small company environment including competitive salary, excellent benefits, and comfortable working conditions. An immediate position is open in the Groton, CT or Arlington, VA office. Candidates must possess or be able to obtain a DoD security clearance.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and application using the form below, fax them to 860-448-3075, Attn: Janet, or mail to the company address. Please reference the requisition number and title of the position in the subject line of your submission.
Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Disability/Protected Vet
Invitation to Self-Identify
In keeping with our commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Applied Physical Sciences invites all applicants to self-identify pre-offer as a protected veteran and/or an individual with a disability.
Invitation to Self-Identify as Protected Veteran
Invitation to Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability
Please Answer All Questions.
Résumés Are Not A Substitute For A Completed Application.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, gender, marital status, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
THIS COMPANY IS AN AT-WILL EMPLOYER AS ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE STATE LAW. THIS MEANS THAT REGARDLESS OF ANY PROVISION IN THIS APPLICATION, IF HIRED, THE COMPANY OR I MAY TERMINATE THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP AT ANY TIME, FOR ANY REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT CAUSE OR NOTICE. NOTHING IN THIS EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION, THE EMPLOYEE HANDBOOK NOR IN ANY OF THE COMPANY'S POLICIES SHALL BE DEEMED TO CONSTITUTE A CONTRACT OF EMPLOYMENT.
About The Author: Max Leonard
More posts by Max Leonard