Applied Physical Sciences (APS) is seeking an entry-level computer scientist to support several US Navy programs. Successful applicants will support the design and development of software applications for a variety of computer operating systems. APS works on exciting, technically challenging, cutting-edge technologies that will expose candidates to a wide variety of multidisciplinary fields and allow for unique growth opportunities and learning experiences. At APS you will work in a small company environment where technical excellence is rewarded and an entrepreneurial spirit is encouraged, and you will have the chance to work directly with colleagues and customers that value innovation and creativity.
• Proficient in C/C++ and Linux
• Experience with Python
• Experience with Matlab and ability to convert Matlab code to C/C++
• Working knowledge of embedded firmware development for microcontrollers, DSPs or FPGAs
• Working knowledge of software middleware, such as Protocol Buffers
• Working knowledge of core signal processing concepts (sampling, filtering, transforms) not required but preferred
• BS or MS (preferred) in computer science, computer engineering, or electrical engineering, plus 0 to 3 years of directly related experience
APS, a wholly owned subsidiary of the General Dynamics Corporation, offers a small company environment including competitive salary, excellent benefits, and comfortable working conditions. An immediate position is open in the Groton, CT or Arlington, VA offices. Candidates must possess or be able to obtain a DoD security clearance.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and application using the links below, fax them to 860-448-3075, Attn: Janet, or mail to the company address. Please reference the requisition number and title of the position in the subject line of your submission.
Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Disability/Protected Vet
Job Application Form
Invitation to Self-Identify
In keeping with our commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Applied Physical Sciences invites all applicants to self-identify pre-offer as a protected veteran and/or an individual with a disability.
Invitation to Self-Identify as Protected Veteran
Invitation to Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability