Applied Physical Sciences (APS) is seeking a highly motivated Principal Scientist/Principal Engineer to lead development of undersea transducer and array systems in our Undersea Systems Division. Successful candidates will have a BS, MS, or PhD degree in a relevant technical field and have at least 15 years of professional experience pertaining to the development of electroacoustic transducers and arrays for sonar systems for defense or commercial applications. Extensive experience working in an R&D environment and working in small-to-medium-sized multidisciplinary teams is preferred.
APS works on exciting, technically challenging, research & development programs where multidisciplinary teams work closely to address difficult national security needs. This position will allow applicants to collaborate with subject matter experts across the company as well as both lead and/or make meaningful contributions to project teams and their objectives. Applicants will have an opportunity to participate in all parts of the R&D process, from first-principle analysis through to prototyping and testing of integrated systems.
• Lead preparation of multidisciplinary proposals regarding development of sonar transducer/array systems.
• Lead cross-functional teams to develop sonar transducer/array systems.
• Support all phases of transducer/array system development, i.e., design, testing, manufacture, documentation, customer interface, etc.
Required Attributes and Skills:
• Expert knowledge in: modeling electroacoustic transducers/arrays using analytical and numerical methods; integrating sonar transducer/arrays with relevant transmit/receive electronics; conducting experiments in the laboratory facilities and at-sea.
• Extensive experience creating technical content for new products, ideas, or other business development pursuits.
APS, a wholly owned subsidiary of the General Dynamics Corporation, offers competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and comfortable working conditions. At APS you will work in a small company environment where technical excellence is rewarded and an entrepreneurial spirit is encouraged, and you will have the chance to work directly with colleagues and customers that value innovation and creativity.
An immediate full-time position is open with flexibility to work out of any of the following locations:
• Groton CT / Pawcatuck CT
• Arlington VA
• Southern NH
Candidates must possess or be able to obtain a DoD security clearance.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and application using the links below, fax them to 860-448-3075, Attn: Janet, or mail to the company address. Please reference the requisition number and title of the position in the subject line of your submission.
Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Disability/Protected Vet
Job Application Form
Invitation to Self-Identify
In keeping with our commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Applied Physical Sciences invites all applicants to self-identify pre-offer as a protected veteran and/or an individual with a disability.
Invitation to Self-Identify as Protected Veteran
Invitation to Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability