Applied Physical Sciences (APS) is seeking a motivated and skilled Systems Administrator to join our team in Concord, MA to begin an exciting and rewarding career. APS is a growing company specializing in cutting-edge research and development programs that create innovative technological solutions for emerging national security challenges. We focus on a wide variety of maritime technology areas, some of which include: sonar systems, novel autonomous surface vessels, unique sensing systems, undersea communications and networking, payloads for unmanned vehicles, and platform signature analysis and mitigation. At APS you will work in a small company environment where excellence is rewarded, an entrepreneurial spirit is encouraged, and you will have the chance to work with colleagues and customers that value innovation and creativity.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assist with the development and processing of Risk Management Framework (RMF) documentation to obtain Approval to Operate for classified information Systems.
• Serve as a System Administrator and conduct secure computer maintenance for both Linux and Windows workstations and servers.
• Configure new secure computers in accordance with DISA and JSIG requirements and the Risk Management Framework process.
• Perform other security functions as necessary to meet mission requirements.
• Work closely with the Information Systems Security Manager and Security Team to maintain a strong security posture.
• Recent experience supporting Windows Information Systems maintenance functions including auditing, patching, Active Directory, and Group Policy.
• Working knowledge of basic Layer 2/3 networking.
• DoD 8570 Technical Level II certification such as Security+ or better is required within the first 6 months of employment, although an active certification is preferred.
• Ability and willingness to learn new skills and work well in a team
• Ability to travel to Groton, CT occasionally, as needed in order to support other unclassified IT functions.
• May be asked to assist Facility Security Officer with other Industrial Security functions.
APS, a wholly owned subsidiary of the General Dynamics Corporation, offers competitive salary, excellent benefits, and comfortable working conditions. This full-time position is open in our Concord, MA location.
Candidates must possess a current DOD security clearance and have the ability to obtain a Top Secret Clearance.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and application using the links below, fax them to 860-448-3075, Attn: Janet, or mail to the company address. Please reference the requisition number and title of the position in the subject line of your submission.
Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Disability/Protected Vet
Job Application Form
Invitation to Self-Identify
In keeping with our commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Applied Physical Sciences invites all applicants to self-identify pre-offer as a protected veteran and/or an individual with a disability.
Invitation to Self-Identify as Protected Veteran
Invitation to Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability